Beware! I'm rambling ahead, if you want to skip to the actual tips scroll down to the end :) :P
I know so many Indian women and girls who cry over their skin color. They want to have a fairer complexion. It's sad to know that many girls get rejected in marriage just because they are not fairer. It doesn't matter how beautiful the girl is, her features and personality just don't matter if she is dark skinned in our Indian society (and in many other societies as well).
This is so outrageous! If you are a girl with a dark skin, I'm tellin you guurrrl (yes nigga style) ''There is nothing wrong with you, you were created perfectly. Don't let people tell you, you ain't beautiful.''
My personal opinion is, it doesn't matter what skin tone you are IF you take care and maintain a gorgeous glowing skin. So, instead of wasting time trying to find ways to get fairer skin, try to find ways to get gorgeous, clean, beautiful and glowing skin.
The reason I decided to write this post was because I have a beauty regimen which fights any kind of darkness and promotes fairness. I know I sound like a hypocrite but hear me out, please? My skin tone is more on the fairer side, BUT it often tends to become dull.
So I've found out that fairness products make my skin look brighter thus removing the dullness. I look ridiculously sick when I'm tanned. Like I look literally sick, like I've been working as a construction worker. Whenever I tan, all my knuckles turn black, and my chin has horrible discoloration whenever I'm tanned. It's just a horrible sight.
Enough with the rambling, here are some tried and tested tips to help you get fairer, brighter and glowing skin tone:
- Face Wash & Moisturizer: Using a good face-wash and moisturizer is absolutely necessary. I use the OLAY range for moisturizer. For face wash I'm currently using and loving Himalaya Clear-Fairness face-wash. Read more about OLAY here Does Olay really work?
- Papaya Soap: I've used papaya soap on my face and body, and the results are MIND BLOWING. This works. You will see a difference before you even finish one bar of soap. It removes tan and really brightens your color. If you take even one tip from this post, then take this. Try it!
- Bleaching: Asians tend to have alot of dark hair everywhere, so having it on the face really dulls out your whole complexion. Bleaching basically turns all your facial hair golden. So they become invisible and you have a clearer complexion. Believe me you will see a huge difference once you try this. Just be careful around your eyebrows and hair line, you don't want them to turn golden.
- No Tanning: Protect yourself from the sun as much as possible, use SPF, don't go out in blasting heat. You know, prevention is better than cure.
- Diet: Drink loads of water and maintain a good balanced diet because low water intake and a bad diet shows up on your skin. Drinking loads of water will help in clearing your skin and keeping it hydrated. The result will be fresh, healthy and beautiful skin.
- Natural Remedies: There are 1 million natural home remedies you can try. My favorite brighter skin ingredients for use in home-made face-masks or for individual use are lemon, rose-water, fuller's earth (multani mitti) and yogurt.
I hope you liked these little tips and do leave me a comment and let me know what you would like to read next.
Thankyou for reading!!
Belated Eid-Ul-Adha Mubarak! Hope you had a meaty one :D