This cake was absolutely delicious and was devoured minutes after I baked it. It is a basic yellow cake topped with Nutella.
Things You Will Need-
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose baking flour.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence/extract
- 3 eggs (or 4 eggs if you want a more moist, light and fluffy texture)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons of room temperature Nutella (or more according to your taste)
|My batter with Nutella and swirls.|
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. Lightly grease your pan with some butter and flour. In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 and 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.In another bowl beat the eggs and the vanilla extract together.
- Now take another large bowl, add the butter and sugar and whisk till it forms a fluffy consistency. Now, gradually add in the egg mixture. After all of this is well mixed, add the flour mixture a little at a time and beat on medium speed. Stir for few more seconds to make sure there are no lumps.
- Now spread the batter into the pan. And now add the warm mixture of nutella over the batter. If the nutella is cold, microwave it for 25 seconds. After you add the nutella over the batter take a toothpick and lightly swirl the batter with it. Insert the toothpick at one end of the pan and lightly drag it to the opposite end to create swirls. Do not overmix!
- Bake the cake for about 50 mins (keep checking it), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. But, I personally loved eating the cake while it was hot.
I used baking paper in my pan as the bottom of the pan was getting kind of rusty. You can use Aluminium foil too.
|I added some powdered sugar on top.|
|I got a little carried away with the swirling LOL|
You can also add some strawberries on the top.
The cake was very soft and moist and not at all very heavy on the stomach. This was my first successful cake made out of scratch. I usually use Betty Crocker cake mixes but was bored with the same boring taste and wanted to try something new.
Do tell me how it turns out for you. Enjoy!