This brownie/cake recipe is super moist and delicious. For me this is the home version of Baskin Robbins Brownie Sundae. I loved it.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brewed coffee (instead of coffee you can use 1 cup of water if you want to)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (According to your taste you might need to add more sugar if you choose to add coffee)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Your favorite ice-cream or whip cream
I recommend using coffee as it deepens the chocolaty taste. Just boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of Nescafe, brew it and pour it in the mix. If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips make sure to chop them into smaller pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients well with a mixer or wooden spoon. It should be brown and smooth, free of lumps.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (keep checking!!)
- After the cake cools a little (let it be a little warm) cut it into square pieces and serve it with a topping of your favorite ice-cream.
I topped my brownie with mango ice-cream and the combination of warm cake and mango ice was delicious!!!
Actually I burnt my brownie a little, :| I left it in for like 35 mins and that burnt the bottom layer of it. But, I still got most of the brownie out, leaving the bottom layer. So be careful, keep checking the brownie from time to time while it's baking.
If you do decide to try this, don't forget to tell me how it turns out for you :)